Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hello!

This is going to be a bit of a trial and error thing as I haven't posted anything on the blogspot before.

Well, Sunday week ago saw Tweed Valley Field Archer's first shoot for the year & pleased to say we had a really good show!

It was the most shooters we've had in a day (29) and although a little organising (& slight panicking on my behalf) was required, the day ended up well.

We broke up into 3 groups, with Adam, Pete and Gaz (with Greg) being the group "captains". As I was in Adam's group I can't speak for the others but we had fun in our group at least! I was really pleased to actually hit the target more often than not, even getting a 10! (I'll have to take a photo next time as someone didn't believe me - probably more than one someone actually!).

I'm not sure what Gaz and Greg got up to but if it was anything as usual, it would have been lots of mischief!

We had a number of  "newbies" along too - Jed was in our group and seemed to enjoy himself and the others (including Tony) that I spoke to sounded like they had a good time too.

We have decided to keep a record of scores along the way this year, out of interest. Have a look at the photo I'm attaching (hope it works) to see what the scores were.

Evan, who was in Pete's group, was the shooter of the day with a phenomenal 161!! Clinton came second with 141.

Young Maddie Hill did great with 103, followed closely by El Presidente Adam with 102.

As for the scores from Gary's group, I'm not sure about the accuracy of the recorded scores but (apparently) Gaz got 149, which would be pretty awesome and if I can read the writing correctly it looks like newcomer Ken got a decent 93.

Anyway, I could go on for days but better not. Hope you all enjoyed the day and look forward as always to next shoot, 16th March.

Cheers
Kate

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate ,,well done. Its amazing what a stroke of a pen can do(re,,score) mmwwaaaah

    ReplyDelete